Thursday, 22 November 2012

Wish

I am beyond proud of this face... I really couldn't draw faces at all a month ago and now I feel I've made some progress.

I drew this face as part of my 'face a day' project after completing Jane Davenport's Draw Happy course. The course (and Jane's whimsical/wonderful view of the world) have done me the world of good. She suggested I fill the body with journalling, but I'm sitting with that idea for now because I just love the simplicity of the picture at the moment. Maybe I'll try it on a print out of it and see what it looks like first.

Do you ever try stuff out and if so how?

9 comments:

  1. Considering that you couldn't draw faces properly a month ago, progress is an understatement. Beauitful. She is so graceful and so beauitful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, I'm so glad you think she's beautiful too.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! If I want to try something out, or I worry that the next layer of my page might 'ruin' what I've done, I take a photo. I can print that off as many times as I like and then work on it with different things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely face and expression!! :) Looking forward to see what the body will be looking like :)
    <3 Mandel

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! You can always scan her and use the copy as another page with journaling, if you don't want to alter the original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try to draw 'her' too one day .. hv not try before, yours look stunning. I love her HAIR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love this face. It's just beautiful! You should be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful face deserves to be the true focus of this painting. Yes, I do print out and analyze before finishing off some things. I'd cut it off just a tad below the lowest bit of her beautiful hair and frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful portrait. It is just perfect for me with colours and composition. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, and love reading through your remarks.